Innovation is a challenging task today: we want to provide you with the best answers to your questions.
We often find out that we need both a deep understanding of the world where we all live in and make use of virtual spaces. A successful project needs a model of the physics involved, providing information to the processing system and state of the art computer systems.
We decided to provide you with all of this by using a powerful synergy: state-of-the-art software competences, prototyping capabilities, physical modeling.
Alter Ego Engineering is a company specialized in the field of civil engineering and mechanical engineering: its core business is numerical simulation.
We also have strong skills in software development, so we can help you with many kind of innovative technologies in this field. In addition to our engineering activities, we also offer project management services.
We also look at the future: our main effort is in combining all these knowledge with modern technologies in the artificial intelligence field, in particular in control system environments. This is not an easy task and we are working very hard to achieve it with the same rigor we use in more traditional fields.
We are specifically targeting flexible manipulators :
- Active tissues
- High performance robotics
- Soft robots
- Artificial muscles
- Active tensile structures
Our approach aims to combine spatial analysis methods with traditional control system techniques.
Comparison between a meta-model solution and a traditional finite-element analysis in the context of data analysis.
Mechanics and CFD
Quasi-static analyses in the non linear domain:
- Large deformations
Clip in progressive contact with a table; loading by cables through the holes.
Vibrations and dynamics
Third normal mode of a damper
- Natural or forced response
- Transient analysis
- Dynamic sub-structuring
- Heat diffusion
- Thermal deformation
- Linear and nonlinear material properties
Heat shrink-fit between two pipes, color-map by Von Mises stresses.
Failure scenarios for materials and parts
- Damage models
- Crack propagation
- Fatigue analysis
Fatigue damage accumulated under cyclic loadings
Computational Fluid Dynamics
Thermal-hydraulic analysis of a disk cooled by an air flow
- Thermal-hydraulic analyses
- Monophasic laminar flow
- Monophasic turbulent flow
- Thermal transfers (conduction, convection, radiation)
- Assessment of the margins of existing buildings, for example in case of earthquake or other exceptional events
- Response spectrum modal analyses
- Nonlinear static analyses (pushover)
- Linear nonlinear dynamics by direct time integration
- Nonlinear dynamics by direct time integration
- Comparison of different reinforcement solutions for existing buildings
- Comparison between different designs
- Evaluation of new technologies (reinforcements, new materials, ...) and certification support
- Study of the service behavior of structures taking into account long-term deformations
- Study in the construction phase taking into account early age properties of concrete
Amplified deformation of a water tank, earthquake verification (X direction)
- Fire analyses
- Estimation of leakage in reservoirs (porous walls or localized flaws)
- Infiltration by rising damp in building walls
- Thermal analyses of buildings
- Analyses of rock and soil behavior taking into account:
- Interstitial pressures (poromechanical approach)
- Influence of temperature